Setting Up Your E-mail in Microsoft Outlook
This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook to work with your e-mail account. This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Outlook 2003, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook. You can set up previous versions of Microsoft Outlook by using the settings in this tutorial.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook
- In Microsoft Outlook, select Tools > E-mail Accounts.
- On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select "Add a new e-mail account" and click Next.
- For your server type, select "POP3" and click Next.
- On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) window, enter your information as follows:
- Your Name
- Enter your first and last name.
- E-mail Address
- Enter your e-mail address.
- User Name
- Enter your e-mail address, again.
- Enter the password you set up for your e-mail account.
- Incoming mail server (POP3)
- Your incoming server is mail.yourdomainname.com, where "yourdomainname.com" is the name of your domain.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
- Your outgoing server is mail.yourdomainname.com, where "yourdomainname.com" is the name of your domain.